We have launched our call for interest among the AFRAN members to recruit an AFRAN Victoria Hub leading team.
We would very much appreciate if you could transmit this call to AFAS members, as it is important for AFAS to have representatives in this leading team, to drive AFAS spirit, dynamism and activities within the new AFRAN Hub team.
Deadline for application is the 11th of May. Few lines to describe candidates’ interest and ideas are required.
Call for interest:
An exciting opportunity exists for you to join the Australian-French Association for Research and Innovation (AFRAN) Victorian hub leader team!
As you know, the AFRAN Association is a major actor of Australian-French cooperation. AFRAN is active in making industry-academia connections, providing networking, seed-funding promising collaborations, providing insights into the Australian and French research and higher education systems, and coordinating a platform of experts to support research, technology, and industry communities. AFRAN also plays a key role at the highest level of government and with Australian and French research institutions.
You will find hereafter AFRAN hub leader’s responsibilities and expectations; beyond those you are more than welcome to make additional suggestions about other possible initiatives:
– Attend monthly AFRAN steering committee meetings (currently online)
– Keep up to date with membership associated to the hub
– Relay information about Franco-Australian opportunities/events to hub members
– Organise state/hub-related events to strengthen the local community: cafés scientifiques, seminars (including online), exhibitions, others…including through collaborations with other institutions such as regional Alliance Française, French-Australian Chamber of Commerce & Industry etc.
– Contribute to the yearly AFRAN symposium organization.
– Gather and share information about activities of hub members within the group and with AFRAN
AFRAN is structured into local Hubs, and we aim to recruit up to three joint-Hub leaders to share the workload and responsibilities in organising a range of activities to ensure that AFRAN Victoria remains a dynamic player in driving cooperation between Australia and France in Science and Technology.
Whether you have an academic, industry, administrative or other background, if you are interested in playing a driving role in French-Australian cooperation, please send us an email, with a few lines about yourself and your ideas!
If you require clarification or additional info before applying for this initiative, please contact
Nathalie Simenel-Amar (email@example.com) or Frédéric Hollande (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are looking forward to hearing from you,
The AFRAN steering committee
French-Australian Association for Research and Innovation