Activities undertaken by AFAS include :
- Organising and hosting technical and scientific events such as seminars, conferences, technical presentations and visits, with the participation of French and/or Australian specialists, as well as related cultural and social events.
- Acting as point of contact through established French/Australian links with French and Australian government departments, tertiary institutions, industry and other organisations.
- Publishing and distributing newsletters (Bulletin, French Science & Technology) which include developments and selected highlights of French technology and science.
Benefits available to AFAS Members include :
- Access to research, technology and industry through established French-Australian links at the level of French and Australian Government
Departments, the private sector, Higher Education Institutions, Research organisations and the European Commission.
- Direct connections with French representative organisations in Australia.
- Promotion of interesting research, technological and business opportunities for French and Australian companies and research
teams via conferences and networking venues.
- Information on French-Australian scientific and technological issues : grants (research and students), practical questions
for travel and stays, French Science and Technology magazine and newsletters.
- Access to fellowships for post-graduate work and experience, and for specific assignments in France.